Card games can usually be played by two or more people. But what if I am all alone? The card game Solitaire is the perfect solution! The rules are easy to learn, but you'll have to work hard to win the game. That's not easy. All you need is a deck of cards and some free time.
Frequently asked questions
❓ How many people can play Solitaire?
The Passjans card game is unique in that it is played 1 person.
❓ How many cards do I need to play Solitaire?
- Number of cards needed: A deck of 54 cards.
- In ascending order: ace, deuce, three of a kind, four of a kind, five of a kind, six of a kind, seven of a kind, seven of a kind, eight of a kind, nine of a kind, ten of a kind, diamond, queen, king.
Preparing for the game
The cards are arranged in 7 piles:
- 1 pile - 1 face-up card;
- Pile 2 - 1 card face down and 1 card face up on top of it;
- Pile 3 - 2 cards face down and 1 card face up on top of them;
- Pile 4 - 3 cards face down and 1 card face up on top of them;
- Pile 5 - 4 cards face down and 1 card face up on top of them;
- Pile 6 - 5 cards face down and 1 card face up on top of them;
- Pile 7 - 6 cards face down and 1 card face up on top of them.
The remaining cards are placed in a single face-down pile. Four places are also prepared where the correct cards will be placed (the places can be marked in some way or you can just imagine where they will be).
Card game Solitaire - rules
The object of the game is to move all the cards into the empty spaces provided. Remember that you can only move cards in ascending order. The first card that can be moved is an Ace. This is followed by a deuce and so on. Remember that the type of cards must match!
Transfer of cards
How do I start the card transfer? If there is no suitable card, then you can proceed with stacks of cards or by flipping cards in the face-down pile.
Actions with stacks of cards
A card of the opposite suit may be placed on top of the face-up card, one number lower. Cards may be taken from the face-down pile, or the face-up cards are used on top of the main piles. If the face-up card is taken and only the face-down cards are left underneath, then the top one is turned face-up and play continues.
If a pile empties and is replaced by an empty space, the King card can be moved there.
Actions with a face-down pile of cards
One card is turned over at a time and a search is made to see what can be placed in the empty space or on open stacks cards. Unused cards are placed at the bottom of the discard pile. Cards can be drawn from the face-down pile in one of two ways: one card at a time or three cards at a time. Decide which you prefer.
The Passjance card game is over
The game ends when all the cards have been moved to the empty spaces provided (the top four kings). As well as playing with real cards, you can also play Solitaire on Android or IOS in the app.